My first attempt for homemade chocolates. Though tedious, but trust me guys it was a sheer pleasure making them.
I am a true epicurean and by this post I am making debut of my cooking on wordpress. I would be sharing the recipes of some dishes tried by me (I am an experimental cook). I hope you guys will like this. Nothing is best to start this category with Christmas Cake. If it’s a Christmas how can I miss baking a cake? Yesterday I got so busy in the celebration that in the night I realized I forgot to make a cake myself. So I rushed to the kitchen and made this quick but cute cake. Given below is the recipe. Ingredients: 2 cups all purpose flour 1 cup castor sugar or normal sugar (you can increase and decrease the quantity as per your taste) 1 egg 1½ Teaspoon Chocolate spread 3/4th cup of Hershey’s coco powder Half teaspoon baking soda Half teaspoon baking powder Some cherries 50gms butter <for healthy cake 🙂 > 1 cup milk Few drops of chocolate and orange essence. (Orange syrup will add some citrus flavor) Method:
- Beat egg, milk, butter, sugar and chocolate spread together.
- In a bowl sieve flour and coco powder and add baking soda and baking powder, mix well.
- Now add beaten eggs, cake, sugar and butter mixture slowly in the flour. Put few drops of flavor essence. Mix well to avoid lumps.
- Add some water if required to make the batter in smooth thick pouring consistency. And add some cherries into it.
- Grease the baking dish and pour the batter.
- Microwave it to 5 to 6 minutes.
- Insert the fork to check if its bake. (if fork comes out without sticking, it’s a sign ur cake is ready)
- Now decorate your cake as per your liking.
Enjoy it with your loved ones. Merry Christams..!!! Bon appetite 🙂
As i promised in my last post to come back with some facts about it. It is always advisable to have a detailed information of all the things for which you developed inclination. I being a neophilia get excited to gather some interesting facts about chopsticks and its related imp information. I hope this post will help people who asked me to guide how to use chopsticks and some point to keep in mind while using it.
Asian countries originated the use of chopsticks. Due to cultural differences, there really is no one rule for handling. The correct method for handling chopsticks in Japan, might not be appropriate chopstick etiquette in Korea or Japan. With that said, we present first general chopsticks etiquette followed by regional differences.
Universal Chopstick Etiquette
- Do not use chopsticks to make noise, draw attention, or gesture.
- Do not use chopsticks to move plates or bowls.
- Generally, do not use chopsticks to impale food.
- Do not leave chopsticks standing vertically in a bowl of rice or other food.
Steps for Using Chopsticks
- Place one chopstick in the webbing of your thumb and rest the other end on your curled third and fourth fingers.
- Place the second chopstick between your first and second fingers, and hold it down with the tip of your thumb.
- Make sure the chopsticks are even from top to bottom.
- To grasp food, move only the top chopstick, and leave the bottom one firm and steady. Do not allow the broad ends of the chopsticks do not make an “X” as this will make it difficult to pick up food.
Chinese Chopsticks Etiquette
- In China, it is normal to hold the rice bowl up to one’s mouth and use chopsticks to push rice directly into the mouth.
- It is considered poor dining etiquette to point rested chopsticks towards others seated at the table.
- Serving chopsticks are used to take food from serving dishes. These chopsticks are to be returned to the dishes after one has served oneself, and are often a different colour from individuals’ chopsticks.
Hong Kong and Cantonese Chopsticks Etiquette
- Wait for the eldest family member to hold his or her chopsticks first.
- Do not use chopsticks backwards, except to stir or transfer the dish to another plate (but only if there are no serving chopsticks).
- When finished eating, place your chopsticks on the top of your bowl. If you are not finished eating, place your chopsticks on a chopstick stand.
Taiwanese Chopsticks Etiquette
- Do not transfer food from chopsticks-to-chopsticks.
- Do not rest chopsticks on the table. Use a chopstick rest or place them sideways across the rice bowl. When finished eating, place your chopsticks flat on the bowl.
- Do not bite your chopsticks or keep them in your mouth too longer.
Japanese Chopsticks Etiquette
- Do not transfer food from chopsticks-to-chopsticks.
- Place the pointed ends of the chopsticks on a chopstick rest when the chopsticks are not being used. If a rest is not available, make a chopstick rest by folding the paper case that the chopsticks came in.
- You may reverse your chopsticks to use the clean end when moving food from a communal plate, but it is considered better to ask for extra chopsticks to transfer the food in this situation.
- Do not cross chopsticks on a table, or vertically stick them in the rice.
- Do not rub wooden chopsticks together after breaking them apart.
- Place chopsticks in a right-left direction – with the tips on the left. Do not place chopsticks diagonally, vertically or crossing each other.
- At the end of the meal, place disposable chopsticks into the wrapper they came in.
Korean Chopsticks Etiquette
- Chopsticks commonly are paired with a spoon.
- Do not pick up your bowl and bring it close to your mouth. Leave your dishes on the table.
- Never lay your chopsticks down to the left of your spoon.
Vietnamese Chopsticks Etiquette
- Raise your bowl to your mouth and push rice into your mouth with your chopsticks.
- Always use both chopsticks together, even if only stirring something.
- Food should not be picked up from the table and placed directly into your mouth. Place all food in your own bowl before eating.
- Do not place chopsticks in a “V” when you have finished eating.
I hope you people enjoyed this post. 🙂
One day my friend had a stressful day and was in awful mood so I invited her at my place to have home cooked Chinese. Though she wanted to add another chapter in her learning cook book but she was too tired or rather in a reluctant mood to entertain any of my plans to merriment her mood. But somehow I convinced her. So after giving confirmation on wats app we thought to planned this dinner in a better way.
This cooking session was unlike our regular cooking which is always full of fun, conversation and lots of gossip. My friend was quiet rather her eyes were stuck on the watch as she wanted to go back home early.
I figured it out it’s not just like another hard day for her rather she really needs to vent out her feelings. So what’s the better plan to get her involved in conversation and spending more time with me?
If I am going to ask her to stay for long she will definitely refuse it. And if I am going to dig out the reason it would be making her more irritated.
So I served the noodles and brought my new packed chopsticks. My friend never tried chopsticks before so she urged to use the fork (although I am also a decent user of chopstick) but I insist to use chopsticks only.
So the first try went futile as she struggled to make the best comfortable hold of sticks. After a while she managed, now the next challenge was to pick the noodles with a point of such a small dimension tool. We Indians are quite comfortable eating with spoon, forks and knife as it gives enough space to hold the good amount.
After lots of demo and practice she manages to get the best bite with chopsticks. While the trial and error session of slipping noodles and funny gestures of making efforts to eat it, the best part was it brought the smile back on my friend’s face and she starts adding the humor to the learning session of usage of chopsticks.
The best line of my friend I would like to quote, “the first bite gets digested while you prepare for the second one.” And, yes it’s the magic of chopstick for new user that it gives you much time to enjoy the company and developed the inclination for chopsticks.
It was fun experimenting with chopsticks and my objective was served that it takes time to get herself diverted to something which lighten her mood and give her space where she can discuss her problems and eventually it happened so.
At the end my friend was successful to learn eating with chopsticks and I was successful to change her mood and got to know her problems and provided the solution for same.
And this entire chopstick affair added spark to our evening and bonding.
P.S. such magical tools need to be known well and its usage. So do check my next post for some important info.
Sakley’s The Mountain Café
Sakley’s The Mountain Café stands true to its name. Yes, this café makes you feel that hills came alive.
My first visit was quite memorable. I still recall it was 14th Feb evening; the weather was also in the mood to celebrate the day. It was pleasing cold with amazing rain. This café at GK –I, Delhi was the place decided by my friends to enjoy the valentine’s evening. Unlike the weather and occasion my mood was quite upset, I was bit doubtful before entering this place that how my rest of the evening is going to shape up.
But the moment I entered the café, the unpleasant string of my mood swung into a relaxing thread. Yes, the place was very warm, welcoming, peace and best ambiance matching its name “The Mountain Café”.
I am quite particular about the places I visit and…
View original post 220 more words